|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online: 27 May 2021|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up: 23 Apr 2020|
Cyrus, a PhD student in Artificial Intelligence for Music. I specialise in machine learning for sound and speech synthesis and understanding human auditory perception. I arrived here from a combined passion for mathematics, computer science and music technology.
I have been a private tutor for the past 2 years now. I mainly specialise in teaching computer science to undergruate and A-level learners, as well as Python programming to adult learners for a range of uses.
My background is in Computer Science: I have a BEng from Imperial College London, where I gained a rigorous understanding of computing, programming & mathematics fundamentals and advanced topics. I then went on to study for an MSc in Sound and Music Computing, where we combine machine learning with audio signal processing and music technology.
Beyond all this, I have a diverse range of interests, including philosophy, history, yoga, electronic music & technology and mathematics.
2018-2020: Private Tutor
- Python for Machine Learning & Data Analysis
- Data structures and algorithms in Haskell and Python (2nd year undergrad)
- University: Statistics for Business & Psychology
- A-Level: OCR, AQA Computer Science, including the A2 software project
- iGCSE Computer Science
- Web Development
2016-2017: Undergraduate Teaching Assistant, Imperial College London
- Assisted 1st and 2nd year students with their laboratory programming assignments and projects
- Pastoral care and study assistance to a group of junior students throughout their studies, under a guidance scheme
2013-2014: Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Spanish teaching assistant
- Guided revision sessions twice per week for Maths and Further Maths, in preparation for Core, Further Pure, Mechanics, Statistics and D1 exams
- Assisted GCSE A-Level classes and lead oral preparation sessions
- Web Development: Django, Flask, SQlite,
- Deep Learning: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
- Data Analysis: Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib
- Machine Learning: Scikit-learn
- Natural Language Processing: Keras, NLTK
- Computer Science: Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Structures, Natural Language Processing, Web Development
- Machine Learning: Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Statistics to students studying in various disciplines
- Creative Coding
- Computer Science: AQA, OCR, IB theory and practical coursework
- Mathematics: C1-C4, M1-M2, S1-S4, FP1-FP2, D1
- I have taught several students achieve A* and A grades, all of whom were applying for top universities.
- Lots of experience with practical courseworks
- Computer Science: iGCSE, AQA, OCR
- I have a lot of experience teaching iGCSE pre-release material
PhD Artificial Intelligence & Music (AIM), Queen Mary University of London - 2019 - 2024
MSc Sound and Music Computing, Queen Mary University of London - Distinction - 2018-2019
BEng Computing, Imperial College London - 2.1 - 2014 - 2017