|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online: 13 Apr 2021|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up: 29 Oct 2020|
A dynamic designer & creative consultant with over 18 years’ experience in the fashion industry to share. I have worked for some of the industry’s leading global brands on both a design & consultancy basis & carry out regular workshops with inhouse design teams to inspire creativity & focus direction.
Action orientated, with a focus on authenticity and creativity, I have a strong ability to align myself with client’s individual needs across all areas of the design process & market levels.
Creatively & commercially driven to inspire & deliver above & beyond, I am passionate about sharing my knowledge to empower, encourage, support & inspire individuals to connect wholly and authentically with their creativity whist gaining clarity & focus.
I pride myself on my personable & nurturing approach within the industry as I work to coach the best out of each individual I work with.
OTHER SKILLS / INTERESTS
• A very organized multitasker with a meticulous attention to detail & strong presentation & communication skills
• Driven to deliver above & beyond
• Qualified Yoga Teacher, always remaining calm under pressure with a nurturing approach
• I enjoy meditation, yoga, running, film, exhibitions & travel
I offer one to one bespoke tailored tuition for students & graduates of all levels from beginners just starting out to advanced . We will work together to tailor a plan to your specific needs & goals in order to develop & showcase your individual creative approach & handwriting to its full potential. Our sessions will leave you with a greater understanding & clarity of your unique creative handwriting.
18 – Present: CSM / UAL Short Courses / Private Client Tutoring (in person and online)
10 – 19: UEL / Instituto Marangoni / CSVPA - Cambridge
• Senior Visiting Tutor / Industrial Practitioner
• Foundation Art & Design / BA Fashion / MA Fashion Art & Design
• Teaching design research & development / Portfolio skills / Overseeing final collections
• Academic & pastoral tutorials
• All assessments & progression matters
• Working passionately to focus & inspire individuals, preparing for further study &/or industry
I am passionate about helping individuals gain a clearer understanding of their creative journey, to reach their full potential & help bridge the gap between courses / education to industry. Building a professional body of work which is unique to your personality and creative journey is vital and I am here to help you with this through offering the below expertise:
• Understanding & expressing your authentic creative self
• Design concept & realisation
• Focused research
• Colour stories
• Fabric knowledge / appropriate usage
• Design development / sketchbook work
• Illustration and collage
• Flat drawing skills
• Design Specifications
• Portfolio skills
• Overseeing final collections
• Internship / Protégé programs
• Education / industry job preparation applications
"Joanne was very helpful when I came to her for advice in my portfolio. She helped me select my best work and show it in a way that was clear for everyone to understand; but more importantly, she gives you personalized advice and tutorials taking into account your style and the way you want your portfolio to look. I am very grateful to her since my work now looks more professional and well presented. I would recommend her without any doubts." Valentina Campo (MA Student @ Marangoni Paris) "Joanne has continued to be a huge inspiration since helping me though my BA and starting my career with ASOS. She advises on professionalism in the work place and supports me with industry contacts, field inspiration and has continued supporting me with my portfolio development. " Jessica Gilder (Designer @ ASOS)
04–06 MA Royal College of Art – Womenswear
05 CLTAD Teacher Training Course
99-02 BA Honours Leeds University 1:1 - Womenswear