|Recent Students: 2||Total Hours: 13||Last Online: 26 Nov 2020|
|All-time Students: 5||Total Classes: 10||Signed Up: 04 Aug 2018|
As well as tutoring, I have worked as a director of theatre, and as a farm-hand; stayed in a monastery on a mountain overlooking the Syrian border; walked from Edinburgh to Newcastle; built a gypsy caravan; played the spoons in the best traditional folk-pub in Scotland; and have a good knowledge of green wood carving.
I get my greatest thrill, however, from unfurling a knotty idea at the root of an academic problem.
I have a postgraduate degree in Literature and Theology from Cambridge University - where I studied under the supervision of Dr Rowan Williams - as well as a first class degree in the same from Edinburgh. I have since been teaching:
- full-time senior school English and Drama from year 9 to A level, and Primary School Latin;
- adult education Literature, Philosophy and Creative Writing;
- homeschooling GCSE English Literature & Language and Religious Studies
- homeschooling primary/lower school English, Maths, Philosophy and Art
- undergraduate/postgraduate support in English and/or Theology
My specialism is modernist poetry and theology (particularly the poet David Jones) though I work as an all-rounder and study to build a strong grounding across the Humanities and the Arts.
Early Twentieth Century European Art
Catholic Sacramental Theology
MPhil Christian Theology
MA (Hons) English Literature and Theology