|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online: 22 Mar 2023|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up: 14 Nov 2022|
I am a highly driven Geography and Economics teacher with a desire to see my students develop a passion for their studies whilst acquiring the knowledge and skills to succeed in their examinations.
In addition to my experience in the educational sector, I have a wide range of experience in the areas of hospitality/event management, automotive sector, research and development, customer experience, sales and business expansion. These life experiences enable me to connect well with learners and provide a real world context for our learning.
My areas of subject specialism are Geography and Economics, with proven experience teaching 11-18 year old students across 4 different schools in the UK and Hungary. Currently teaching Cambridge IGCSE Geography, IGCSE Economics and International A Level Economics. Previous experience teaching the AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas exam boards in the UK.
I have a breadth of knowledge across the humanities with a bachelor’s degree in Economics and Politics, a PGCE with a Secondary Geography specialism that was awarded with ‘Outstanding Academic Performance’ and study of History up to A-Level. This holistic knowledge helps me to relate my subjects to the world and thus make it easier for students to grasp concepts, apply them to their surroundings and excel in their studies.
My areas of expertise include:
• Using modelling for teaching writing skills, exam technique, study skills and metacognition
• Assessing students regularly using both formative and summative methods ranging from verbal questioning and quizzing to extended writing pieces and mock exam practice
• Providing verbal and written feedback to students to enable them to make rapid progress
• Setting high expectations of students, helping them to set aspirational academic targets and deploying methods to achieve them
• Delivering engaging and effective teaching using high quality resources
• Differentiating lessons, activities and support mechanisms to suit a range of diverse learners with differing EAL needs, cultural backgrounds and academic abilities
• 120-hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course
• Qualified Teacher Status: QTS awarded by Ormiston and Keele School-centred Initial Teacher Training programme at ‘Outstanding’ level
• PGCE through Keele University: Post Graduate Certificate in Education obtained with a letter of recommendation from the University for ‘Outstanding Academic Performance’
• University of Leeds: 2.1 BA (Hons) degree in Economics and Politics