As an experienced tutor of Maths, Economics and Business Studies, I have a track record of helping students to exceed their predicted grades and enjoy the subject, putting them in a strong position for further study.
I am beginning a Masters programme in Development Studies at the School of Oriental and African Studies, London this Autumn.
|Recent Students: 0|
|Total Hours: 0|
|All-time Students: 0|
|Total Classes: 0|
|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up:|
Since graduating from University of Oxford with a degree in Economics and Management, I have worked as a management consultant and, more recently, co-founded a successful start-up. I am hard-working but like to have fun!
I am starting a Masters programme in Development Studies at SOAS in the autumn. When not studying or tutoring, you can normally find me cycling around Cambridge or baking!
I have tutored since 2017, helping students to achieve excellent results and exceed their expectations.
In last academic year, I have tutored:
- One student looking to improve their mathematics in order to get into a secondary school of his choice. They have improved significantly and is on track to achieve their objective.
- One GCSE maths students. Exceeded their predictions in mocks and was on track for strong grades in the actual exams.
- One general GCSE student. I covered Chemistry, Physics, Biology, History, Class Civ, Theology in particular.
- One AS Economics student. I improved their confidence and results at school have improved too. I have been asked to continue as a tutor into their A2 year. Had a primary focus on content.
- Two A2 Economics students. Both improved and were on track to receive strong marks in the summer; classwork suggested that they would exceed their predicted grades. Focused on content and exam technique.
- One Business Studies A2 student. Improved significantly during our time together. Focused primarily on exam technique and improving essay writing.
- Two 2nd year University students reading Business and Marketing. Helped them with end of year assignments. Both achieved high 2:1s with Firsts in multiple papers. This was a significant improvement on expectations when we started. I have been asked to mentor them through final year dissertations.
I have also consulted on Oxbridge admissions, including advising on college selection, editing personal statements and providing interview advice and practice. Beyond Oxbridge, I have also assisted students applying to Russell Group universities for a variety of courses, largely through providing personal statement guidance.
I can tutor Maths at GCSE across all exam boards.
I am very comfortable tutoring at all levels and across all major exam boards for Economics and Business Studies at A-Level and GCSE.
At University level, I am happy to assist with assignments in Business and Marketing including dissertations.
BA Economics and Management (University of Oxford)
MSc Development Studies (SOAS London) - ongoing