|Recent Students: 12||Total Hours: 63||Last Online: 26 Jan 2022|
|All-time Students: 15||Total Classes: 70||Signed Up: 14 Aug 2021|
I believe that it is enthusiasm and interest in a language and its history that provides the best platform for learning it. As a result, I like to interweave the history and culture of the country into the learning of the language, whilst providing a friendly and supportive learning atmosphere as the learning of languages can be a nerve-wracking thing for young people.
I have experience teaching French and German students of all abilities from ages 11-18, and am familiar with various exam boards. If you are having with any of the four skills whether reading, writing, listening, or speaking, I can tailor the lessons to your needs.
In my teaching role, I taught French and German to KS3, KS4, and KS5 French and German and completed the Teach First programme.
As MFL Teaching Lead for my school I was responsible for responsible for training and innovation in MFL, I developed department website and created online content including videos and introduced blended learning initiatives, such as self-testing online quizzes and QR codes for vocabulary, to support student development.
• Certificate ‘Young People and their Mental Health’, University of Groningen (August 2020)
• Certificate ‘Migrants and Refugees in Education’, British Council (July 2020)
• Certificate ‘How to Teach Online’, FutureLearn (April 2020)
• British Sign Language Level 1 (June 2019)
it was great :)
it was great :)
It was her first lesson with Hugo for GCSE German, and my daughter really liked him, found him easy to be with and understand, and they made a good start on progressing to a higher grade.
MA EDUCATION AND TECHNOLOGY | TBC JULY 2022 | UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
· Digital Learning and Pedagogy Research
· Key Issues and Debates around Education Technology and blended learning.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION | JULY 2021 | UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
· Tailoring teaching to local communities
· Influencing school policy
BA FRENCH AND GERMAN |2:1 | JULY 2019 | UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL
· French and German Language
· French 19th century and East German History, and German and West African Poetry and Literature