|Recent Students: 30||Total Hours: 832||Last Online: 26 Oct 2021|
|All-time Students: 91||Total Classes: 829||Signed Up: 17 Apr 2020|
I feel greatly privileged to work with learners around the world.
My greatest motivator is to see each learner be the very best that they can be.
Therefore my primary role is to support and guide each learner's positive progress in a way that works best for them.
With my working background across both the Private (Financial Services) and Public (Ministry of Defence) Sectors, followed by my 13 years running my own company, I have experiences from all over which I will be delighted to share.
I am also a very proud Dad to 4 inspirational children (my youngest is now 16!) Of course, I treasure my time with them.
I would be delighted to have the opportunity to work with you in partnership.
For many years I have been working with learners around the world.
Examples of my recent work include;
University College of London
• I researched and designed 2 Pre-M.B.A. M.O.O.C.s, one in ‘Management Skills for International Business’ and the other in ‘Professional Skills and Networking’.
• My responsibilities included the provision of; research sources/links, quizzes, case study assessments and filmed presentations and interviews
• To date almost 30,000 students have enrolled to complete these 2 M.O.O.C.s
Kaplan Open Learning (University of Essex on Line)
• I am tutor for the Core Skills and Employability, Business Finance, Financial Decision Making, Human Resource Management, Business Planning and Introduction to Finance Modules.
• I work with cohorts of 10-25 students facilitating their learning and assessing their Assignments and participation in Discussion Forums
• For over 10 years I have consistently delivering student satisfaction levels of more than 90%
• over 30 years’ experience, as a distance learning tutor
• I always look to inspire student learning and engagement by offering detailed feedback and support via a range of delivery channels
• I work with C.I.P.D. modules at Levels 3,5 and 7 and as an A Level Economics Tutor
• I also facilitate monthly on-line classes at Levels 3,5 and 7
Coleg y Cymoedd
• I have responsibility for Cohorts from both Private and Public Sectors, usually of 10-12 Level 5 C.I.P.D. students
• I work with each Cohort through a blended learning programme consisting of workshop delivery and ongoing on-line support
• feedback from my students has been extremely positive
University College of Estate Management, Reading
• I am aTutor in Economics (Level 4). I facilitate optimum levels of student engagement whilst managing the completion and quality of all assessed work within agreed deadlines
• I am also a Tutor for People and Organisational Management (Level 4) with responsibility for motivating, guiding and supporting up to 80 students through their studies
I offer guidance and support in several specialist areas, where I have greatest experience including:
Leadership & management
Continuous personal development
Politics and international relations
Self-marketing, employability skills and understanding your personal brand
Starting your own business
Understanding and managing financial information
Thank you David for your advice and recommendations
great session - thank you for the great discussion David
I found David to be extremely knowledgeable and insightful in providing guidance towards my CIPD assignment. He made himself available last minute and is continually bringing value despite my strange hours, last minute requests and coming at the issues as a complete beginner
Really enjoyable meeting with clear actions
Great class on economics!
Great coach and tutor as always :)
Another great class with David. Do not be afraid to ask further questions or for a question to be broken down to simpler terms for you. David is happy to help and work with the style that bests suits you, the student!
Another great session with David. already booked my next two.
great use of time
Good tutor, I would recommend to any students who are facing difficulties in their studies
Examples of my testimonials received over the years include; 'I just wanted to thank you profusely for being a brilliant mentor to me over the past fourteen weeks! I learnt things from you which I hope to carry through with me beyond my bachelor's.' 'I wanted to write to you to thank you very much for you continued guidance and support. From where I started to the end it has been an incredible journey and I would not have been able to get to this point without your support.' 'Thank your so much for a great feedback. This is the most useful feedback I have received yet and I know it will come in handy after this course and on the job.' 'Can i take this opportunity to thank you so much for your really helpful, encouraging and constructive feedback. I've found it very daunting taking on this course but can say that I've never felt disheartened by your feedback for improvements and it has made me more positive about re submissions. You are really helpful and just great !!' I am delighted to say there are many more testimonials which can be viewed via my website www.djlearning.co.uk
♣ First degree-Politics/American Studies (Swansea University 1980)
♣ Financial Services Qualification/Banking Diploma (Institute of Financial Services 1987)
♣ Post Graduate C.I.P.D. Qualification (University of the West of England 1999)
♣ Prince 2 Project Management Qualification (2012)
♣ P.G.C.H.E. Level 7 Qualification (ifs University College 2015)