|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online: 13 Nov 2020|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up: 01 Oct 2017|
• Qualified (PGCE / QTS) and highly experienced teacher (12 + years of classroom experience and private tutoring)
• English and maths specialist teacher
• Considerable SEN (Special Educational Needs) experience
• Complete 11 plus preparation
• CELTA Cambridge, EFL/ESL/ EAL teacher
I am a skilled lecturer with 12+ years' experience delivering instruction, evaluating students, developing and implementing schemes of work for English and Maths (KS3-KS4 / GCSE and Functional Skills). I also specialise in tutoring 8 + and 11+ (English and Maths), EFL (English as a Foreign Language) and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages): all levels.
While between 2007 and 2015 I taught at various secondary state schools and further education colleges in Hereford (Herefordshire College of Technology, The Bishop of Hereford's Bluecoat School) and London (e.g. Alperton Community School, Ealing Alternative Provision, South Thames College, etc.), since March 2016 I have been tutoring – mainly in alternative provision - on a full-time basis throughout London.
My extensive experience in the field ranges from delivering English for Academic Purposes (EAP) to an undergraduate US student with a hearing impairment (CAPA, The Global Education Network) to teaching English and Maths to Special Educational Needs (SEN) pupils - including some gifted and talented learners with Asperger's, autistic spectrum, etc. in alternative provision (Fleet Tutors, Axcis, and SENsational Tutors) throughout London.
Lastly, the last 12 years of my professional career I have spent teaching and providing tutorial assistance (including undertaking the necessary preparation, assessment and marking), assisting students during class exercises, developing and implementing schemes of work, participating in the assessment and examination of students (oral and written), monitoring student activity via various systems including Moodle (Uxbridge College) and Individual Learning Plans (SEN pupils; Fleet Tutors), preparing teaching materials (various subjects) and, finally, undertaking administration related to the above.
My specialisms and experience encompass:
• Primary and secondary
• KS2 - KS4 Teacher
• Academic challenges – secondary general
• Spelling and reading
• Gifted and talented
• Educational Consultancy
• Memory and processing challenges
• Focus and attention
• Confidence and self-esteem
• ADD/ ADHD
• Asperger's Syndrome
• 7+, 8+, 11+, 13+ entrance examinations
• GCSEs, A-level, university
“Ms. Copeland prepared my son for his 11 + exams to Ilford County Grammar School for Boys. I am most satisfied with her ongoing support as my son is currently in the highest set in maths and English (Master Level). Ms Copeland has managed to develop such a unique and positive working relationship with my children that they cannot imagine any other tutoring scenario. They truly look forward to their sessions and consider them genuine fun.” – the mum of a very happy student, London.
As far as my qualifications are concerned, these are as follows:
- LLM (Human Rights); Merit; Birkbeck, University of London (2018); 2.1
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA Cambridge); Pass; University of Cambridge (2008)
- PGCE / QTS (Information Technology; 11 – 14); The University of Gloucestershire (2007)
- BSc (Hons) (Computing); 2.1; University of Worcester (2006)
- BSc (Hons) (Open); Politics and Sociolinguistics; 2.1; The Open University (2004)
- Diploma in English Language Studies; Pass; The Open University (2002)
- Higher National Diploma (Computing); Distinction; Herefordshire College of Technology (2005)
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Applications; Distinction; Coleg Powys (2003)
In 2015 I completed English and Maths GCSE Enhancement Programmes (authorised, inter alia, by National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics) that qualify me to teach both subjects to GCSE levels.