I have tutored A-level, Undergraduate and Masters Physics and Maths for three years for pupils aiming for levels from C-A* (and 1st Class Honours), as well as Oxbridge entrance exams and interview practice.
Academically, I graduated top in my year from Cambridge with a Masters' in Astrophysics, and am now undertaking a PhD in Princeton, following a one-year research placement at Harvard.
Oliver's last completed
Astronomy job with Azhir:
Intensive - Hi, I'm currently study astrophysics part (ii) and was looking for a tutor in cosmology, astrofluid dynamics and stellar structure.
I'm currently preparing for exams by doing past papers.
I have successfully taught all subjects I am offering up to and including A Level. Experienced with AQA, OCR, Edexcel, and Eduqas. As a senior leader I have coached and mentored new and experienced teachers giving me a deep understanding of teaching methodologies. Skilled in differentiating learning, my student-centred approach ensures all students make progress. I am dedicated to developing the passion for lifelong learning in others.
Seven years experience of tutoring.
Individualised and differentiated programmes of work subject to agreement with student including homework where appropriate.
Physics problems solved collaboratively.
Past paper practice.
Guidance and step by step help with returned mock exam papers.
I have tutored students studying Physics at a range of levels.
GCSE: OCR, AQA
A-Level: AQA, OCR A, OCR B, Edexcel
International Baccalaureate Higher Level
Oxford Physics Aptitude Test
Undergraduate (Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics)
Caroline's last completed
Astronomy job with David:
1-2 hrs/week - Hi,
I am looking for Astronomy tutor for my son for GCSC level.
I would like to have a chat with you and find out whether you can help.
- Approximately four hours a week for four years (roughly 384 hours in total) tutoring undergraduates and marking homework in areas such as complex analysis and statistical mechanics
- 1-to-1 and group study sessions for a number of different private tutoring agencies totalling around 120 hours in Maths and Physics for levels ranging from KS3 all the way up to undergraduate level
- Worked at the SEPnet to try and get A-Level students to study Physics at university by participating in a variety of projects including secondary school trips with presentations, open day events for both students and the general public and mentoring a group of A-level students who were giving a presentation.
- Have given talks of various lengths to audiences of consisting of members of the general public of about 30-50 people about physics topics and my research.
- Have received training in scientific communication as part of the SEPnet work where I was trained in empirically proven methods of what actually makes a student learn better
- Have worked to create notes and educational material for university students in areas of maths and physics using LaTeX programming language along with other resources
- Have also acted as a tutor for two different disabled university students to help them learn maths modules, including a blind student.
My tuition approach sees me go out of my way to tailor each session to the individual student's needs. Several hundred hours of tutoring experience from GCSE up to degree level in numerical and scientific subjects notwithstanding, my outstanding feedback speaks for itself.
I am patient, friendly, and with a highly technical background and experience, you can be assured I will stop at nothing to help you get the result you deserve.
I am currently holding a position of a Lecturer in Physics and Maths at one of London's best universities. Previously I taught 1st and 2nd year undergraduate Physics students as Senior demonstrator and supervisor at the University of cambridge. I have also been tutoring in person and online for over 2 years.