I have lectured/ tutored:
- Exercise physiology to B.Sc & BA Sport and Exercise Science (undergraduate) students
- Chronic disease and disabilities to Postgraduate Exercise Physiologists
I was also the head tutor for the higher certificate in exercise science course at the Health and Fitness Professionals academy in Cape Town, South Africa.
Jaime's last completed Sports Science job with Mike : 1-2 hrs/week - My name is Victoria, I am looking for a Sport science tutor for a 16 years boy, who is studying at Marlborough College
Hi! I am a hugely experienced Tutor who holds a PGCert in HE and is accredited as a Fellow of the Higher Education Authority. I love to explore the ways in which different teaching methods and tasks can facilitate engagement and interaction in the virtual classroom (expect remote desktops and annotations). In my classrooms you can expect a clear sense of friendliness, with a good slice of humour.
My teaching (Sports Science, Research Methods, Public Health, Sociology, and Essay Writing) has regularly been commended via various channels of evaluation and feedback. Whilst my published research has been digested and utilised by a number of government organisations, including Public Health England, and the Department for Transport.
Lecturer in Sociology of Sport and Exercise, UoC Sport and Exercise Sciences Department (September 2014 – present)
- Module leader for Level 4 module - Research Methods and Study Skills.
- Area leader for Level 5 Experiential Based Learning module.
- Sociology of sport teaching across all undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Marking and moderating across all sociology of sport modules.
- Assessing on Level 4 pedagogy modules.
- Vast experience in online teaching (seminars, lectures, assignment forums).
- Leading our department’s ‘retention project’, aimed at assisting Level 4 students with course progression.
Editorial Assistant, European Physical Education Review Journal (November 2014 – August 2018)
- First point of contact at the journal for PE academics across the globe.
- Efficient management of submissions – assessing suitability of papers and detailed proofing.
- In-depth knowledge of the online manuscript management system.
- Peer reviewer.
Prior to my HE studies I worked as a Teaching Assistant at a secondary school in the West Midlands (rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted).
Chris's last completed Sports Science job with bebe: Intensive - I am currently on the discussion area of my dissertation, I have the guidance my teacher hs provided for me but can not get my head around it and was looking for someone who can guide me or even simplify this for me.