I have taught both Art History and Fine Art for 7 years and I can guide students to develop their art portfolios for university entry, for GCSE and A Level exams as well degree level. I can also help with art history essays, academic and creative writing, personal statements, interview skills, university entrance, presentation/public speaking skills and dissertation writing.
You can take a look at my art work at www.stellakarageorgi.com
I have 22 years of experience in tutoring learners to achieve their goals. I tutor GCSE, A-Level, EPQ, IB, PRE-U, Undergraduate, Postgraduate/Doctoral students, UCAS and Oxbridge applicants, and professional clients in Academic Research and Writing, Creative Industries, Critical Thinking, Cultural Studies, Education, Film, Government and Politics, Marketing, Media, Oxbridge Entrance/UCAS, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Theology, Theory of Knowledge, and Social Sciences.
I combine two decades of experience in the education sector with my earlier career in the creative industries to offer engaging learning opportunities relevant to our daily lives. I am a passionate advocate of 'affective' learning and well-being through creativity, critical inquiry and philosophical reasoning. I invite you to engage in these ways of thinking that can empower you with relevant skills to support your personal growth. I have extensive experience in tutoring GCSE, A-Level, PRE-U, EPQ, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional learners. My presentation style is engaging and interactive. I convert complicated theories and paradigms into straightforward ideas, with practical worth, and impart useful advice for my clients.
I have an Upper Second-Class Honours in History from Oxford University. A*A*A*A at A Level in History, German, Philosophy and Classical Civilisation. The experience that I have gained from observing lessons and teaching supervised classes in schools has taught me that interactive teaching is the gateway to academic achievement. I will use a variety of methods such as mind maps, acronyms, quizzes and diagrams to help you reach the next academic level. I want to help you get to grips with the subject material, while giving you the confidence to use the right exam and essay techniques to get the grades you deserve. Everyone learns differently so I will tailor my teaching to your learning style and exam board.
I have 10 years of experience working as a Private Tutor in Cheltenham Spa, London, Moscow and internationally. My experience has ranged from working as a Governess and Residential Tutor for UHNW and VVIP families, to working as an outreach tutor for children with SEN and behavioural difficulties, to working overseas with children who have been victims of trauma and conflict.
For the last 5 years, I have continuously been teaching online, and have taught students as young as 5 years of age, right up to experienced business professionals and retired language learners. This experience has taught me vital strategies in engaging students online, built upon an understanding of age, learning style, objectives, technical abilities, personalities and attention span! In every case, I have built a strong positive rapport with clients and have frequently continued to stay in touch with clients or families even after they have passed their exams or succeeded in their objectives.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.