|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up: 02 Dec 2016|
I`m a highly motivated and outgoing medical student at the University of Oxford with a Masters degree from the University of London. I have a passion for teaching, which I have worked at since my last years of secondary school.
I strongly remember older role models and teachers I had who inspired me to enjoy learning through fun, interactive and passionate lessons. I try in my teaching style to engage students and spark their own curiosity for subjects.
When not studying I enjoy travelling and volunteering, and I also sing in acappella groups and funk bands. Through these I have been fortunate enough to travel, sing and teach music all over the world.
I have a wide range of tutoring experience in a variety of settings, and was a straight A student myself in every exam I sat in school.
Tutor, Self Employed, Oxford and London (2013 - Present)
- Experience teaching Key Stage, GCSE and A-level Maths and Sciences
Performance Coach, Out of the Blue A Cappella, Oxford, UK (2010 - 2013)
- Facilitated hundreds of vocal musical and confidence building workshops
- Worked in the UK, Sri Lanka, Japan, Hong Kong and the USA
- Tailored lessons to group size, cultural factors and previous musical experience of participants
Research Assistant, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK (October 2012 - March 2013)
- Researched the cognitive effects of musical training on literacy acquisition in children
- Designed and taught weekly music lessons over 8 weeks to classes of 17 students
Global Xchange, Team Member, Nigeria and UK (April 2010 - September 2010)
- 3 months in Nigeria teaching biology one on one and in classes in a special needs school
- 3 months in Essex providing youth services
World Challenge, Challenger, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands (June - July 2010)
- Helped to educate local children about the natural environment and encourage healthy lifestyles
Volunteer Primary Teaching, UK (September â€“ December 2009)
- Assisted in a primary school class, aiding in reading, writing and arithmetic