Cambridge engineering graduate currently working as a research scientist in industry; keen to impart my enthusiasm for all things maths, physics and engineering.
|Recent Students: 1|
|Total Hours: 71|
|All-time Students: 4|
|Total Classes: 77|
|Recent Students: 1||Total Hours: 71||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 4||Total Classes: 77||Signed Up:|
I have a keen interest in solving complex problems across a range of engineering and physics applications. My master's degree in aerodynamics focused on developing models for mitigating unsteady forces experienced by wings during gusts. I currently work on a range of problems related to inertial confinement nuclear fusion. In internships, I have worked on beyond-visual-line-of-sight drone operation, flood modelling, and military flight simulators.
I'm also a keen sailor and windsurfer, and was Commodore of my university sailing club.
• 5 years’ experience tutoring Oxbridge admissions. Consistantly invited back to old 6th form college to help prepare students for university applications. I will level up your personal statement, give mock interviews, and prepare you for admissions tests.
• Significant experience tutoring Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A-Level and GCSE, and happy to teach from any UK syllabus.
• In lessons, we will work through problems together using an online whiteboard, working to solidify your understanding and confidence in an enjoyable, productive environment.
• I contextualise abstract topics with real-world examples from my experiences in aerodynamics and fusion research.
• Engineering Admissions, including personal statements, mock interviews and admission test preparation.
• Significant experience with Cambridge Engineering admissions and the ENGAA.
• Experienced tutoring Maths, Further Maths and Physics at A-Level and GCSE, and happy to teach from any UK syllabus.
Excellent review and analysis of completed past paper scripts, providing clear advice and guidance on how to improve grades.
Tom has been providing weekly first-class A-level Maths tuition to our son since early 2023. Tom is highly skilled and his expertise is enabling our son to tackle questions more confidently and improve his marks.
University of Cambridge: MEng, BA Engineering (2017-21)
A-levels: Maths (A*, 100%) Further Maths (A*, 98%), Physics (A*), Chemistry(A*)
GCSEs: 8 A*, 4 A, 2 B