I have 23 years of experience in tutoring learners to achieve their goals. I tutor GCSE, A-Level, CAIE/CIE, EPQ, IB, PRE-U, Undergraduate, Postgraduate/Doctoral students, UCAS and Oxbridge applicants, and professional clients in Academic Research and Writing, Business Studies, Creative Industries, Critical Thinking, Cultural Studies, Education, Film, Government and Politics, Marketing, Media, Oxbridge Entrance/UCAS, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Theology, Theory of Knowledge, and Social Sciences.
I combine two decades of experience in the education sector with my earlier career in the creative industries to offer engaging learning opportunities relevant to our daily lives. I am a passionate advocate of 'affective' learning and well-being through creativity, critical inquiry and philosophical reasoning. I invite you to engage in these ways of thinking that can empower you with relevant skills to support your personal growth. I have extensive experience in tutoring GCSE, A-Level, CAIE/CIE, IB, PRE-U, EPQ, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional learners. My presentation style is engaging and interactive. I convert complicated theories and paradigms into straightforward ideas, with practical worth, and impart useful advice for my clients.
I have taught both Art History and Fine Art for 7 years and I can guide students to develop their art portfolios for university entry, for GCSE and A Level exams as well degree level. I can also help with art history essays, academic and creative writing, personal statements, interview skills, university entrance, presentation/public speaking skills and dissertation writing.
You can take a look at my art work at www.stellakarageorgi.com
I like to make learning a language an enjoyable experience, whether that be French or English. I have been teaching languages and music for the last 9 years to people of all ages and levels, in countries including; Wales, London, Italy, France, Belgium, Morocco and Costa Rica. I believe it should be fun, fulfilling and mainly conversational, alongside the study of grammar, writing and reading. I have the ability to adjust my teaching method in order to suit the learner, as I believe everybody comes at languages from a different angle; some from an aural perspective and others from a more grammatical understanding. It is important for me to understand the learners' approach so I can help them fully immerse in the subject. I believe that languages are a vital skill in this global world today and would love to help you improve and work towards fluency in either French or English. I am happy to teach the basics as-well as the following examinations; IBDP, GCSE, A-level and University Degrees in both languages.
Music tutoring; I tutor Music GCSE and A.S/A-Level, piano grades 1-7, voice (jazz/pop), composition and music theory levels 1-8.
I believe ultimately the study of music should be fun and fulfilling and that the fundamental basics of music (e.g. scales/understanding of harmony & theory/listening skills/analytical skills) are required in order to progress with excellence. Musical examinations are not essential in order to be a great musician, but they do help one improve technique, precision and theory. GCSE and A-level music may well be necessary in order to study music at university level, particularly at music conservatoires. I consider music to be mainly about training the ear and playing with meaning and expression.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.
I have been working as a tutor for 8 years, helping students of a wide range of ages and abilities. This has included successfully preparing students for 11+ and 13 + Exams in Maths, English, VR and NVR for top UK day schools. I have helped older students at GCSE and IGCSE–level in English, German, History, and Design and Technology, Film Studies, Media Studies and Art, and worked with A-Level students of Art and Art History. I have reviewed personal statements, portfolios and applications for top US Universities, and provided essay writing assistance to first-year university students in Art History and Cinema and Media Studies.
My experience working with younger children includes volunteer work for the Homework Club at the Rugby Portobello Trust, an afterschool club for primary school children, and as a live-in au-pair and English tutor for a five and seven-year-old during my gap year.
I have been a private tutor for over five years. Teaching in a range of subjects up to GSCE level.
I specialise in 11+ and 13+ exams and have had past students go on to Wycombe Abbey, Eton, Royal Russell and Emanuel.
I also teach essay writing for different GCSE subjects and focus heavily on English literature and Language. My last student achieved all 9's in her mock GCSE exams before Christmas. I work on subject revision and how to revise effectively, how to structure essays for subjects like History and I also work through all aspects of science and maths up to GCSE level.