Now approaching 10 years as an Electronics Design Engineer and Leading Electronics Teams designing Laboratory Instruments and Large Machines, I am responsible for Circuit Designs and training of Engineers and Graduates. I have always tutored students from I myself was a student, through to today, where I have now successfully tutored and seen many students through their Module Exams, Full Degrees and even lead them into successful careers.
I currently lead Electronics and Mechanical teams as Lead Hardware Engineer to a Medical Company designing Neonatal Ventilators. I train Engineers, Graduates and Non-Technical Staff, as well as prepare documentation and organise Projects for success and on-time and on-budget delivery.
Tutoring students, my style is to synchronise our efforts with their Module Notes, while adding in strong and practical understanding of governing and foundational principles, while we tackle the theory and associated equations. Adding a modern and relevant industrial perspective is my unique offering in this process. Our efforts are entirely driven by the student, slowing down on more challenging topics, and drilling into a depth of detail appropriate to my student. Satisfying desired deadlines for covering course materials and preparing courseworks will always be the main drive of how our time is prepared.
As a tutor, I have supported individuals studying A-Levels, BTEC and of course studying at University, up to PhD level in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, as well as Computer Science. I am certainly also happy, and competent to support students in Physics and Mathematics as desired.
Tutoring CAD to individuals and groups in company setting
Teaching Microsoft Office and AutoCAD as part of City and Guilds 7407 level 4 teaching certificate
Teaching CAD, Project Management, Ergonomics, Product Design, Workshop Practice, Health and Safety and Engineering Legislation as part of Cert Ed.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.
Three years experience as a teacher in international schools, over ten years experience in technology communications. Trained in the TGROW method of coaching and Harvard's 'Project Zero' techniques for teaching critical thinking skills. Served as a School Governor specialising in community communications and STEM (Science Technology Engineering Maths) innovation.
My approach to tutoring is student-led, drawing on and developing the strengths of the student and responding to individual learning styles. While closely following curricula to ensure exam success, I tailor all resources to engage, challenge and inspire.