I have four years experience in teaching postgraduate, undergraduate and college students in the field of Structural Engineering
I am currently a practicing structural engineer with a broad range of teaching and tutoring experience. I have worked as a part time private tutor / lecturer since 2012 and have completed more than 500 hours of tutoring (around half of this online). My tutoring experience ranges from GCSE and A level Mathematics, through all levels of the Civil and Structural Engineering undergraduate curriculum. I have also tutored in academic writing for engineering students and AutoCAD for interior design and Mechanical Engineering students.
I worked part time as a teaching assistant/guest lecturer in the UCL Civil Engineering department from 2012 to 2017. My role involved the following;
- responsible for setting and marking coursework and exam questions
- supervised six research projects, both undergraduate and postgraduate.
- Lectured on Advanced Structural Analysis, Mathematics for Engineers, Seismic Retrofitting of Historic Masonry Buildings and an introductory structural engineering course.
- Hosted laboratory classes on structural analysis
- Provided training workshops on finite element analysis and structural analysis software.
In 2015 I worked as the engineering tutor in the Cambridge prep experience, part of Oxbridge Academic Programs. I developed and taught the course, aimed at 13-15 year olds, which included site visits, group projects and practical activities.