I've worked with a range of students during my time as a tutor - some of my favourite success stories include:
• Providing essay and dissertation support to an MBA student at Birkbeck. The student had been scoring C grades for much of her course but wrote an excellent dissertation, deservedly receiving an 'A'. Having been awarded a "merit" for her overall qualification, she is now considering embarking on a PhD.
• Supporting an ICAEW ACA student at a Big Four firm, who was in danger of dismissal for exam failure. Having helped the student pass his next exam and avert the immediate danger, I supported him to a pass in each of his subsequent exams. He is now on the verge of completing the qualification.
• Helping a Big Four trainee who was on her "last chance" at the firm to pass her ICAS CA advanced stage exam.
• Working with an undergraduate at East Anglia University who needed to repeat a failed module in order to move onto his final year of study. I re-taught him the module over the course of the year, helping him to a strong pass.
I have extensive experience supporting students who speak English as a second language. I have also worked with a number of dyslexic students.
Prior to becoming a tutor, I acquired a range of teaching experience in a professional context including graduate training, course development and delivery, and creation of e-learning modules.
I passionately believe in students achieving their potential and enjoy the role of personal tutoring to further aid students learning. I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business and Economics (2:1) and have worked for a number of large organisations offering a variety of depth and experience. Online tutoring is about helping students form around the world to access education via the platform of the internet, to help them succeed at their studies. Firstly, I like to make an initial meeting to understand the needs and objectives of the personal tutoring before developing a detailed plan of the outline of personal tutoring support. I am keen to ensure that both parents and students alike are happy with the service and will accommodate additional requests. I like to ensure that the learner is both enthused and engaged in the tutoring sessions and have a range of resources and assessment techniques.
Subjects and levels taught:
Economics: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA and OCR)
Business Studies: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA, OCR and WJEC)
BTEC Business: Level 2 and Level 3
Cambridge Technicals: Level 2 and Level 3
I have been tutoring CIPS online and in person for more than 8 years. I have regularly taught each module of the syllabus of CIPS (the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply). I currently provide group tutoring services via everywheresupplychain.com and 1-2-1 sessions on Spires.co, regularly achieving above the national average pass rates
I can provide you with the following services:
1.) Theory introduction - introducing you to a new topic, module or whole diploma.
2.) Exam practice - reviewing practice questions and preparing exam answers (topic of your choice).
3.) Theory revision - reinforcing knowledge you have already reviewed.
Over 255 hours of tutoring online. Have taught at the University of Strathclyde as a tutor to small groups while completing my doctorate.
For many years I have been working with learners around the world.
Examples of my recent work include;
University College of London
• I researched and designed 2 Pre-M.B.A. M.O.O.C.s, one in ‘Management Skills for International Business’ and the other in ‘Professional Skills and Networking’.
• My responsibilities included the provision of; research sources/links, quizzes, case study assessments and filmed presentations and interviews
• To date almost 30,000 students have enrolled to complete these 2 M.O.O.C.s
Kaplan Open Learning (University of Essex on Line)
• I am tutor for the Core Skills and Employability, Business Finance, Financial Decision Making, Human Resource Management, Business Planning and Introduction to Finance Modules.
• I work with cohorts of 10-25 students facilitating their learning and assessing their Assignments and participation in Discussion Forums
• For over 10 years I have consistently delivering student satisfaction levels of more than 90%
• over 30 years’ experience, as a distance learning tutor
• I always look to inspire student learning and engagement by offering detailed feedback and support via a range of delivery channels
• I work with C.I.P.D. modules at Levels 3,5 and 7 and as an A Level Economics Tutor
• I also facilitate monthly on-line classes at Levels 3,5 and 7
Coleg y Cymoedd
• I have responsibility for Cohorts from both Private and Public Sectors, usually of 10-12 Level 5 C.I.P.D. students
• I work with each Cohort through a blended learning programme consisting of workshop delivery and ongoing on-line support
• feedback from my students has been extremely positive
University College of Estate Management, Reading
• I am aTutor in Economics (Level 4). I facilitate optimum levels of student engagement whilst managing the completion and quality of all assessed work within agreed deadlines
• I am also a Tutor for People and Organisational Management (Level 4) with responsibility for motivating, guiding and supporting up to 80 students through their studies
I have been tutoring LPC students in all core modules and GDL and undergraduate-law students in all foundational law subjects (Tort, Contract, Land/Property, Equity/Trusts, Crime, Public/Constitutional, EU). I have also worked with students on dissertations and other pieces of written work.
My focus is on two things: helping students to achieve the highest possible precision in their conceptual understanding (reflected in high-quality notes to revise from); and working with students on analysing legal problems and solving them by drawing on various concepts and employing them creatively.
More than five years tutoring experience on a part-time basis. More than two years structural design experience in both design and construction. A results-driven professional with a devotion to teaching.
I am a member of two tutoring agencies, namely Harrison Allen and Tavistock tutors. In total, I have carried out more than 450 hours worth of teaching to date.
I have provided tuition non-stop for 5 years and therefore familliar with all major UK examinations boards including Edexcel, AQA and OCR.
A few recent successes of my students include a GCSE Maths student going from a grade 6 to a grade 8, an A-level student obtaining a grade A in Math and an 11+ student getting accepted to Highgate school.
I studied accounting and finance for four years at university, constantly placing within the top ten of my classes. During my university time and my training as an accountant I have been tutoring both accounting and finance students. For the last two years I have also tutored numerous students in preparation for professional chartered accountant exams. I am young, dynamic and have a passion for young people succeeding. Accordingly, I am fully committed to the success of my students and require the same level of commitment from them to ensure their success.
I am focused and driven; I tutored for Kaplan Test Prep for 20-years serving 10,000 students. My students dominate exams; I am very excited for them and for the opportunities that lay ahead of them!!
I have a great deal of experience in teaching Accounting related subjects within the spectrum of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Finance and Auditing subjects since 2006. I am currently a sessional lecturer/tutor at the La Trobe University.
In the mean time I have been teaching mathematics subjects for high schools in Melbourne since 2013
I have very awesome feedback from the students I taught since 2013.