Hi! I am a hugely experienced Tutor who holds a PGCert in HE and is accredited as a Fellow of the Higher Education Authority. I love to explore the ways in which different teaching methods and tasks can facilitate engagement and interaction in the virtual classroom (expect remote desktops and annotations). In my classrooms you can expect a clear sense of friendliness, with a good slice of humour.
My teaching (Sports Science, Research Methods, Public Health, Sociology, and Essay Writing) has regularly been commended via various channels of evaluation and feedback. Whilst my published research has been digested and utilised by a number of government organisations, including Public Health England, and the Department for Transport.
Lecturer in Sociology of Sport and Exercise, UoC Sport and Exercise Sciences Department (September 2014 – present)
- Module leader for Level 4 module - Research Methods and Study Skills.
- Area leader for Level 5 Experiential Based Learning module.
- Sociology of sport teaching across all undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Marking and moderating across all sociology of sport modules.
- Assessing on Level 4 pedagogy modules.
- Vast experience in online teaching (seminars, lectures, assignment forums).
- Leading our department’s ‘retention project’, aimed at assisting Level 4 students with course progression.
Editorial Assistant, European Physical Education Review Journal (November 2014 – August 2018)
- First point of contact at the journal for PE academics across the globe.
- Efficient management of submissions – assessing suitability of papers and detailed proofing.
- In-depth knowledge of the online manuscript management system.
- Peer reviewer.
Prior to my HE studies I worked as a Teaching Assistant at a secondary school in the West Midlands (rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted).
I possess experience in teaching 3D modelling for about 6 months. My focus was in Archicad and CINEMA4D but I am good at other software packages like Solibri, Rhinoceros and Solidworks. I am ready to learn other skills in design like hand sketching and etc.
I am a CELTA-qualified teacher, English native speaker and Masters graduate with a broad range of teaching experience, including business English, teaching children and adults, exam preparation, intensive classes and project-based learning. I have taught various levels and class sizes and am skilled at adapting my methods to individual learners. In addition to English, I have taught French, German and Russian, all of which I speak at a C1/C2 level.
In a number of teaching roles, including my current one teaching adult refugees, I have gained experience with a wide range of learner groups and teaching approaches. Having worked sometimes with pre-set curricula but often with the freedom to design my own curriculum, I have built up experience in creating learning programmes that teach and assess material in an engaging, memorable and meaningful way. As a volunteer for online high school Sky School, where I've helped to build the 'English for Changemakers' module, I've gained an insight into how distance education works, what platforms are available for it, and how it can be made impactful for learners.