I have been teaching English online for over 12 years, as first started in January 2007 and also first offline in 1996, so have taught very many students in that time - I am well used to online teaching requirements.
I have helped many students online to achieve their goals, for the IELTS exam, business English and general English - I was born in the UK and have a standard UK accent and in addition, I am a grammar specialist.
Over 1000 hours teaching experience in the UK and Austria in English, EFL, Philosophy, Drama, and Music in academic environments.
TESOL Senior Teacher (CEFR A0 - C2, ages 10 - 45) with ABCi/ETTC in Vorchdorf, Austria (April '17 - Mar '18)
Private English Tutor (Lower Secondary - GCSE English Literature & Language) with Helping Hands Tuition in Wolverhampton, UK (Jan '15 - Dec '16, Jan '19 - Present)
Private LAMDA Public Speaking and Solo Acting Tutor (Mar '19 - Present)
Private Drama Tutor (LAMDA Level 3 Grade 8 Solo Acting and Public Speaking) with Stagecoach (Apr' 11 - Jun '11)
Private Academic Tutor (Aug '18 - Present)
45 yrs teaching to all levels in the UK and abroad. University lecturer in Ancient Greek and Religious Studies since 1990 with extensive experience supporting non-native students at undergraduate and post-graduate levels. Experienced secondary school teacher of languages and humanities, and examiner with several boards. Numerous teaching posts as a private tutor at Common Entrance, secondary and tertiary level (English, foreign languages and humanities), all leading to improved grades and exam success. As the primary carer of a child with special learning needs (Asperger's Syndrome and Dyslexia), I built a home-education programme at primary level, and taught/supervised the learning of key subjects up to GCSE and A level. My pupils have been of all ages, from nursery to retirement and feedback has been consistently and warmly positive.
I have been a Teaching Assistant at King's College London for two years at the Department of History and Business. I have assisted Undegraduate students preparing for exams, and corrected their essays while delivering power point lectures on subjects from 1700 to 1989. I am competent to teach any subject/period of history-
I have taught A-Levels and GSCEs for 4 years
I have taught adults and bilinguals for more than 10 years
I have experience with SEN students, and students who need some inspiration to study.
I have been teaching for over 17 years and tutoring for 6 years.
Significant tutoring experience - tutoring has been my main job since 2012. I have experience teaching one-on-one in person and online, as well providing seminars, workshops, and coaching in schools and at public events.
I hope my experience in online tutoring has demonstrated that I am sufficiently organised and engaging, to provide an enjoyable distance-learning experience. Online teaching is an unusual medium - both distant and intimate at once. I hope that, over the years, I have learnt to strike a decent balance and provide strong online support.
I have previous (in- person) experience with tutoring, personalised lessons and resources are always tailored to meet individual student needs. I have had success with borderline 4/5 GCSE students as well as grade 7/8 GCSE English Language students.
– "Ancient Greek grammar", 10 hours face-to-face with an adult learner
– "Ancient Greek grammar" undergraduate level, 10 hours face-to-face and online with 1 student (revision of morphology, syntax, use of tools)
– "Ancient Greek literature", undergraduate level, 15 hours face-to-face and online with 1 student (revision of Homer's "Odyssey" bk. IX, the prologue from Euripides's "Bakchai" and ll. 203-450 from Euripides's "Cyclops"; translation with revision of grammar and literary analysis)
– "Latin grammar", undergraduate level, 10 hours face-to-face with 1 student (revision of morphology, syntax, reading of passages from Cicero, "Verrinae")
– "Latin grammar", primary school level, 50 hours (ongoing) face-to-face with 1 student ("Minimus", vol. 1 and 2; I, II and III declension, Indicative present and Imperfect, Imperative present, Basic adverbs, Prepositions and Conjunctions, Elements of Roman life and Roman History, Greek Mythology)
– "Maths", primary school level, 12 hours face-to-face with 1 student (basic arithmetic)
Higher Education - Experience in teaching, marking and moderation on both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes including supporting thesis writing. Subjects taught include Sociology, Social Policy, Education Studies, Teacher Training, Teacher Education, Family and Community Studies, Childhood Studies, Research Methods, ESOL, English for Academic Purposes (EAP). I have supported students studying at University of Birmingham, University of Leicester, Warwick University, DeMontfort University LSE, UCL and IOE amongst a number of other institutions around the UK.