I have tutored GCSE, A-level, Degree and Doctorate-level students on a range of subjects, although my main focus has been Psychology, Sociology, academic writing skills, Business Studies and Research Methods. I have written model essays for exam boards, proofread and edited work to be published, and worked on many dissertations and PhDs with university students.
For Psychology and Sociology, I adopt a systematic approach, and generally like to go over the material thoroughly, testing the student throughout, and spend time on previous exam papers and questions, planning essay answers, discussing how theories relate to real-life situations etc. I sometimes mind-map various themes and ideas with the student, and think outside the box as it were, to make sure that the ideas stem from the student's own work and thinking - so that they can remember it more fully and develop it in future (often students have more knowledge, ideas and insight than they realise, it just needs coaxing out of them!). I often tutor on coursework as well as examination preparation.
I passionately believe in students achieving their potential and enjoy the role of personal tutoring to further aid students learning. I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business and Economics (2:1) and have worked for a number of large organisations offering a variety of depth and experience. Online tutoring is about helping students form around the world to access education via the platform of the internet, to help them succeed at their studies. Firstly, I like to make an initial meeting to understand the needs and objectives of the personal tutoring before developing a detailed plan of the outline of personal tutoring support. I am keen to ensure that both parents and students alike are happy with the service and will accommodate additional requests. I like to ensure that the learner is both enthused and engaged in the tutoring sessions and have a range of resources and assessment techniques.
Subjects and levels taught:
Economics: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA and OCR)
Business Studies: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA, OCR and WJEC)
BTEC Business: Level 2 and Level 3
Cambridge Technicals: Level 2 and Level 3
I have been tutoring CIPS online and in person for more than 8 years. I have regularly taught each module of the syllabus of CIPS (the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply). I currently provide group tutoring services via everywheresupplychain.com and 1-2-1 sessions on Spires.co, regularly achieving above the national average pass rates
I can provide you with the following services:
1.) Theory introduction - introducing you to a new topic, module or whole diploma.
2.) Exam practice - reviewing practice questions and preparing exam answers (topic of your choice).
3.) Theory revision - reinforcing knowledge you have already reviewed.
University of Chester: teaching MSc Management, MSc Marketing Management, MBA, BA (Top-Up) students Digital Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business Management, Innovation & Change and E-Business.
Global College Malta: teaching MBA, BA students E-Business, Marketing Management, International Management and Market Research.
Open University of Switzerland: teaching MBA and BA students Marketing Strategy and International Marketing.
University of Malta: teaching Business Degree students in Advertising and Design in Marketing and Web Marketing.
STC Training Centre: teaching Diploma and Vocation Students E-Business, Communication Skills and Computing Skills.
Dissertation Students: Provided supervision for Degree and Masters Thesis students at University of Chester, Global College and Open University of Switzerland.
Over 255 hours of tutoring online. Have taught at the University of Strathclyde as a tutor to small groups while completing my doctorate.
For many years I have been working with learners around the world.
Examples of my recent work include;
University College of London
• I researched and designed 2 Pre-M.B.A. M.O.O.C.s, one in ‘Management Skills for International Business’ and the other in ‘Professional Skills and Networking’.
• My responsibilities included the provision of; research sources/links, quizzes, case study assessments and filmed presentations and interviews
• To date almost 30,000 students have enrolled to complete these 2 M.O.O.C.s
Kaplan Open Learning (University of Essex on Line)
• I am tutor for the Core Skills and Employability, Business Finance, Financial Decision Making, Human Resource Management, Business Planning and Introduction to Finance Modules.
• I work with cohorts of 10-25 students facilitating their learning and assessing their Assignments and participation in Discussion Forums
• For over 10 years I have consistently delivering student satisfaction levels of more than 90%
• over 30 years’ experience, as a distance learning tutor
• I always look to inspire student learning and engagement by offering detailed feedback and support via a range of delivery channels
• I work with C.I.P.D. modules at Levels 3,5 and 7 and as an A Level Economics Tutor
• I also facilitate monthly on-line classes at Levels 3,5 and 7
Coleg y Cymoedd
• I have responsibility for Cohorts from both Private and Public Sectors, usually of 10-12 Level 5 C.I.P.D. students
• I work with each Cohort through a blended learning programme consisting of workshop delivery and ongoing on-line support
• feedback from my students has been extremely positive
University College of Estate Management, Reading
• I am aTutor in Economics (Level 4). I facilitate optimum levels of student engagement whilst managing the completion and quality of all assessed work within agreed deadlines
• I am also a Tutor for People and Organisational Management (Level 4) with responsibility for motivating, guiding and supporting up to 80 students through their studies
More than five years tutoring experience on a part-time basis. More than two years structural design experience in both design and construction. A results-driven professional with a devotion to teaching.
I am a member of two tutoring agencies, namely Harrison Allen and Tavistock tutors. In total, I have carried out more than 450 hours worth of teaching to date.
I have provided tuition non-stop for 5 years and therefore familliar with all major UK examinations boards including Edexcel, AQA and OCR.
A few recent successes of my students include a GCSE Maths student going from a grade 6 to a grade 8, an A-level student obtaining a grade A in Math and an 11+ student getting accepted to Highgate school.
My qualifications are backed by 20 years of accounting practice in the private sector, local government and not-for-profit-making organisations, 15 years lecturing and tutoring experience in further education, and also in training corporates.
I have taught in various Colleges that include: Southwark College, London College UCK, and DPskills. I also have extensive experience private online and face-to-face tutoring. I specialise in tutoring AAT, ACCA & CIMA students.
My work experience as a professional accountant enables me to transfer knowledge tom learners in the form of practical skills, methods and techniques. My experience enables me to help learners to bridge the gap between academic knowledge and practical work experience.
I am an experienced exam Examiner & Marker, and thus am able to help students to appreciate what examiners are looking for in examinations. Over the years, I have received , and taught learners that were awarded top student Awards.
Over the past 15 years, I have been helping students with their studies in Economics, Finance, Statistics, and other Business-related subjects, primarily at the university level. Moreover, I have had extensive experience in thesis writing and assignment supervision, research guidance as well as academic writing. During this time, my zeal, in-depth knowledge and overall tutoring skills have enabled me to develop a good reputation, thus having a consistent and loyal base of students on a weekly basis.
UK-based Business Studies and Marketing programmes including MBA/MSc. Marketing and Consumer Behaviour, BSc. Business Management and Marketing, BTEC and ABE Diplomas (various subjects)