|Recent Students: 17||Total Hours: 92||Last Online: 23 Jun 2021|
|All-time Students: 24||Total Classes: 78||Signed Up: 20 Jan 2021|
I am a qualified accountant and freelance accounting lecturer. I have extensive practical experience and have worked as an auditor and Senior Technical Manager for some of the larger UK Accountancy Practices.
I thoroughly enjoy teaching and I bring this enthusiasm to my teaching. I like to illuminate my teaching with as many real-life examples as I can.
I have been teaching business related subjects for many years at different levels such as:
• Basic Bookkeeping to those new to the profession.
• A level Business Studies to my son who got a grade A!
• Practical business skills such as communication and presentation skills.
• Professional exam training for various qualifications in Financial Accounting, Audit, Company Law, Management Accounting and Information Systems.
• CPD courses on audit and accounting subjects to trainee and qualified accountants.
• University courses on Financial Accounting and Management Accounting at Undergraduate and Masters level. I have also supervised dissertations.
• Courses around the world as a freelance lecturer teaching senior business people from different sectors such as banks and the oil & gas industry.
I have taught large lecture groups and also one-to one sessions. Online teaching has also been more and more of a feature in recent years.
Financial Accounting (including IFRS and UK GAAP)
Auditing (both Internal and External)
Specialist entities such as Pension Schemes, Charities and LLPs.
I left my lesson with Darren knowing a lot more than I went in with. He explained things very well and kept going until I understood where the root of the solution began. He was clear and concise, certainly recommend
It was really helpful and interactive.
Great lessons, helped to improve my preparation for the exam a lot
Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
BSc (Hons) in Mathematics