|Recent Students: 15||Total Hours: 30||Last Online: 23 May 2023|
|All-time Students: 15||Total Classes: 26||Signed Up: 31 Dec 2022|
Passionate IB MYP & DP / Cambridge IGCSE teacher with over 12 years of professional experience delivering educational empowerment and instruction to various levels of learners. Using the power of inquiry and conceptual learning, I am committed to providing students with the necessary tools to achieve academic goals and confidently share their talents and dreams with the world.
* Dept. Head for English including IB Language and Literature, Cambridge IGCSE, IB Language Acquisition and ESL)
Singapore International School Bangkok | July 2020 – July 2022
* Secondary IB English Teacher
Chatsworth International School – Singapore | Aug 2017 – July 2020
* Middle Years IB English and Language Acquisition Teacher
Chadwick International School – Songdo, South Korea | Aug 2014 – Jun 2017
* IB DP Language Acquisition and English as an Additional Language (EAL) Teacher
Mercedes-Benz International School – Pune, India |Aug 2012 – Jun 2014
* Other various teaching experience including Cambodia, China and USA.
* IB DP English Language and Literature
* IGCSE FLE
* MYP English Language and Literature
* DP English Language Acquisition
* MYP English Language Acquisition
* Creative Writing Fiction and Poetry
The tutor gave me precise and clear comments to improve my essay. A predicted grade was also given which helps visualising the areas that I need to work on.
Jason was an amazing tutor! I was feeling really lost and unsure on how to go about starting my IO, but just an hour with him taught me so much. I left the lesson feeling motivated and confident about my IO. Thank you Jason!
• Professional Educator's Certificate, U.S. State of Florida Department of Education, English (6-12)
• TESMC (Teaching ESL Students in Mainstream Classrooms Certification) 2014
• CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) 2012
• IB Workshops:
DP Subject Specific Seminar: English A: Language and literature Cat 3 (2019) | DP English A: Literature Cat 2 (2017) | MYP English Language and Literature Category 1 (2014); DP English Language B Category 1 (2012) | MYP English Language Acquisition Category 2 (2014)
▪ Writer's Workshop: “Engaging Students Using Mentor Texts and Writer's Notebooks,” Colorado State University of Pueblo, 2019
▪ ADHD: “Focusing, Learning, Teaching,” Colorado State University of Pueblo, 2019
▪ Mindful Schools Online Workshops: "Mindfulness Educator Essentials," 2017; "Mindfulness Fundamentals," 2016
▪ Loadstone Safety International: "Navigating Health, Safety, Security, and Risk Management Abroad," 2016
▪ Lance G King, Three Day Workshop: “Teaching with ATL in Mind," 2016