Experienced A-level and IB humanities tutor and Oxford University graduate. I have 2 years of experience with tutoring on online platforms. I've taught History, Economics, Politics and Philosophy, as well as helped students prepare for Oxford University entrance exams and interviews.
|Recent Students: 0|
|Total Hours: 2|
|All-time Students: 1|
|Total Classes: 2|
|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 2||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 1||Total Classes: 2||Signed Up:|
I am a postgraduate student at the University of St Andrews reading Intellectual History, which blends together philosophy with history.
I read my undergraduate degree in History at the University of Oxford and since then have been working as a tutor.
Having taught a fair few students over the past two years I can confidently say that I really enjoy the process of helping people unlock their potential to love their subjects.
I have taught over 100 hours of online lessons over the last year in the following subjects:
- A-level History: Coursework and Exam preparation (Crusades, Early Modern England, Modern British History, Russia in the 20th Century).
- Oxford University Admissions preparation in History and Politics, Philosophy and Economics (academic preparation, personal statement, interview prep, entrance exams).
- Academic writing practice (Mphil application, English as a second language to foreign undergraduates)
I am a firm believer in allowing students to develop their own voice in our lessons. This approach to teaching is inspired by the style of education I received at Oxford. I prepare a plan of study with my student, deliver course content in lessons, and chart improvement through the regular feedback on their work. To help improve their writing skills, I also ask my students to plan and write paragraphs of essay questions during our time, and to talk through their thought processes.
- Oxbridge Admissions (entrance exams, interviews, drafting applications)
History at an Undergraduate level, A-level and GCSE (Edexcel, AQA, Pre-U)
- Philosophy and Theology: up to A-level or Pre U
- English Literature: up to A-level or Pre U
- BP debating
very helpful and relaxed !
BA in History from the University of Oxford