Medical doctor with broad pharmacology academic research background. Diverse teaching and tutoring back ground to various undergraduate and post-graduate audiences.
|Recent Students: 0|
|Total Hours: 0|
|All-time Students: 0|
|Total Classes: 0|
|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 0||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 0||Total Classes: 0||Signed Up:|
Pharmacology (and dog) enthusiast!
Broad range of experience in pharmacology from undergraduate lab based modules, to post-doctoral clinical research. Presented research both nationally and internationally as oral and poster presentations; published manuscripts in various pharmacology journals.
Medical doctor, with experience in intensive care and anaesthetics.
I live in south wales, with my partner and my dog Mylo. I enjoy taking Mylo on long walk and training (/pampering) him. I enjoy running and like yoga. I am a keen gardener and enjoy spending time attending to my indoor jungle and outdoor rain forest.
My teaching experience is mainly at an undergraduate and post-graduate level; to students studying towards biomedical sciences/pharmacology/medical degree awards. I have a broad range of teaching experiences, from one-to-one teaching, PBL to lectures and presentations, as well as practical procedural skills and lab based skills demonstration. I have supervised dissertation projects leading to successful submission and award.
- Formal Teaching Course Participation: Foundation Teaching Skills; Severn Deanery; 2019
- Bed Side Teaching: Various sessions with 3-5th year medical and Physicians Associate students; focus on clinical examination and history taking; medical clerking and formulation of investigation and treatment plans
- Bed Side Teaching: Various clinical skills e.g. cannulation, ultrasound guided venous access, observation measurements, arterial cannulation, arterial blood gas sampling
- Formal teaching sessions:
> Hepatopulmonary and Hepatorenal syndrome; ITU consultants and junior Drs; 2018
> Common drugs of abuse and Toxidromes; ITU consultants and junior Drs; 2019
> Data and evidence from service evaluation on elective alcohol detoxification service; Respiratory consultants , registrars and junior doctors; 2018
- Teaching sessions during medical degree: to GP partners, junior drs and peer medical students; Topics including: Cochrane review summarised and presented – Smoking cessation with e-cigarettes; Ophthalmology examination and childhood squints; Health screen and National Screening Programmes; Autism; The common dementias; Metabolic Syndrome
- Practical supervision of lab based skill development for BSc and MBBS intercalation students; Imperial College London; Including: Radioligand binding studies, autoradiographical analysis, cell culture, assay buffer preparation, differential centrifugation
- Supervision and review of BSc and MBBS intercalation reports for student submission
- Peer review and revision of journal articles for Journal of Neurochemistry
- Peripheral Pharmacology
- Receptor Pharmacology
- Cell signalling and molecular biology
- Respiratory, renal, cardiovascular physiology
- Pathophysiology of disease
- Practical lab based skills
- Practical clinical skills
- Academic writing and preparation of lab reports, manuscript, help with data analysis and critical literature review
- PhD in Neuropsychpharmacology from Imperial College London
- MBChB from University of Birmingham
- BSc (hons) 1st class Biochemistry with Pharmacology degree from University of Surrey
- Three years practicing as a medical doctor in roles ranging from General Practice to Intensive Care
- Post-doctoral Research Associate at Imperial College, running randomised controlled imaging trials
- Industrial experience working with various pharmaceutical partners