I have 8 years of on-ground teaching experience. Since last two years, I have teaching Economics, Statistics and Econometrics online.
I've worked with a range of students during my time as a tutor - some of my favourite success stories include:
• Providing essay and dissertation support to an MBA student at Birkbeck. The student had been scoring C grades for much of her course but wrote an excellent dissertation, deservedly receiving an 'A'. Having been awarded a "merit" for her overall qualification, she is now considering embarking on a PhD.
• Supporting an ICAEW ACA student at a Big Four firm, who was in danger of dismissal for exam failure. Having helped the student pass his next exam and avert the immediate danger, I supported him to a pass in each of his subsequent exams. He is now on the verge of completing the qualification.
• Helping a Big Four trainee who was on her "last chance" at the firm to pass her ICAS CA advanced stage exam.
• Working with an undergraduate at East Anglia University who needed to repeat a failed module in order to move onto his final year of study. I re-taught him the module over the course of the year, helping him to a strong pass.
I have extensive experience supporting students who speak English as a second language. I have also worked with a number of dyslexic students.
Prior to becoming a tutor, I acquired a range of teaching experience in a professional context including graduate training, course development and delivery, and creation of e-learning modules.
I have been teaching Economics, Statistics and Econometrics since I was in college. After leaving college, I became a full-time professional tutor. I have worked with students who were complete beginners, as well as those who were facing challenges in mastering advanced topics.
I completely understand the initial struggle in decoding the concepts and formulas. I am adept in breaking down these concepts so that students can understand them. I use simple examples so that students can make sense of these topics. I don't encourage memorization and simply recalling the formulas, instead, I focus on the 'why' and 'how'.
I understand that every student has a different way of understanding things. Some students understand the concepts when explained through analogies, others when shown mathematical foundation behind them. I modify my teaching methodology depending on what the student is comfortable with.
I have been teaching accounting and finance courses for last twenty five years. The subjects which I teach are :
(a) Corporate Finance, (b) Financial Accounting, (c) Managerial Accounting, (d) Investment Management,
(e) Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, (f) International Finance, (g) Project Finance, and (h) Derivatives.
I teach in student friendly language and help my students learn calculative finance in step by step manner. This helps them in scoring good grades in their exams and assignments.
Basis my academic and teaching credentials Tata McGraw Hill Education, India has appointed me as subject matter matter expert for Accounting and Finance courses of MBA program.
During 2018, Marco has been academic lecturer at the University of Pavia, Italy, teaching the course Quantitative Finance with R, which is a special section of the MSc in Finance course Quantitative Finance. Moreover, during the previous academic year, he was tutor and teaching assistant for the course Econometrics (3rd year BSc in Economics) at the University of Genova, Italy.
Marco has also a relevant tutor experience. He taught both in person and online to a variety of student at BSc and MSc level. He is specialised in quantitative subjects such as Econometrics and programming.
Holding a BSc and two MSc, Marco definitely gained expertise in structuring dissertations in Statistics, Econometrics and Financial Econometrics (subjects of his three dissertations). In addition, doing research on a daily basis for his PhD strengthened his taste for original works and for literature review building.
I worked as a TA at the University of California and worked at different universities in Turkey (Bilgi, 29 Mayis, Galatarasaray universities). Hence I have experience in teaching. While teaching, I give examples from daily life and make students think about these which makes learning process more participating.
I have over 10 years experience with 1:1 tuition (F2F and online) to Undergraduate and Postgraduate students.
I have also been lecturing for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students for the past five years in subjects such as Financial Risk Management (Level 7), Economics for International Finance (Level 5), and Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management (Level 5).
For many years I have been working with learners around the world.
Examples of my recent work include;
University College of London
• I researched and designed 2 Pre-M.B.A. M.O.O.C.s, one in ‘Management Skills for International Business’ and the other in ‘Professional Skills and Networking’.
• My responsibilities included the provision of; research sources/links, quizzes, case study assessments and filmed presentations and interviews
• To date almost 30,000 students have enrolled to complete these 2 M.O.O.C.s
Kaplan Open Learning (University of Essex on Line)
• I am tutor for the Core Skills and Employability, Business Finance, Financial Decision Making, Human Resource Management, Business Planning and Introduction to Finance Modules.
• I work with cohorts of 10-25 students facilitating their learning and assessing their Assignments and participation in Discussion Forums
• For over 10 years I have consistently delivering student satisfaction levels of more than 90%
• over 30 years’ experience, as a distance learning tutor
• I always look to inspire student learning and engagement by offering detailed feedback and support via a range of delivery channels
• I work with C.I.P.D. modules at Levels 3,5 and 7 and as an A Level Economics Tutor
• I also facilitate monthly on-line classes at Levels 3,5 and 7
Coleg y Cymoedd
• I have responsibility for Cohorts from both Private and Public Sectors, usually of 10-12 Level 5 C.I.P.D. students
• I work with each Cohort through a blended learning programme consisting of workshop delivery and ongoing on-line support
• feedback from my students has been extremely positive
University College of Estate Management, Reading
• I am aTutor in Economics (Level 4). I facilitate optimum levels of student engagement whilst managing the completion and quality of all assessed work within agreed deadlines
• I am also a Tutor for People and Organisational Management (Level 4) with responsibility for motivating, guiding and supporting up to 80 students through their studies
I passionately believe in students achieving their potential and enjoy the role of personal tutoring to further aid students learning. I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business and Economics (2:1) and have worked for a number of large organisations offering a variety of depth and experience. Online tutoring is about helping students form around the world to access education via the platform of the internet, to help them succeed at their studies. Firstly, I like to make an initial meeting to understand the needs and objectives of the personal tutoring before developing a detailed plan of the outline of personal tutoring support. I am keen to ensure that both parents and students alike are happy with the service and will accommodate additional requests. I like to ensure that the learner is both enthused and engaged in the tutoring sessions and have a range of resources and assessment techniques.
Subjects and levels taught:
Economics: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA and OCR)
Business Studies: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA, OCR and WJEC)
BTEC Business: Level 2 and Level 3
Cambridge Technicals: Level 2 and Level 3
DEEP KNOWLEDGE + LOTS OF EXPERIENCE = TAILORED HELP THAT ACHIEVES RESULTS
I specialise in economics, finance and accounting. I have been a full time tutor for over 7 years building on my long professional teaching and training experience. I have therefore thousands of hours of teaching experience, so I can quickly adapt to what each student requires. In addition, my 10 years working in the City (Morgan Stanley, equity research) gave me a lot of practical experience with finance in general and valuation in particular.
I have built a large library of teaching aids (including spreadsheets, summaries, key graphs and sample essays) that I use during my lessons and share with my students. I also have lots of practice exercises, from short MCQ to long exams, and can prepare bespoke graded practice material just for you.