I have taught both Art History and Fine Art for 7 years and I can guide students to develop their art portfolios for university entry, for GCSE and A Level exams as well degree level. I can also help with art history essays, academic and creative writing, personal statements, interview skills, university entrance, presentation/public speaking skills and dissertation writing.
You can take a look at my art work at www.stellakarageorgi.com
I am a professional academic with an MA in Cultural Studies; an artist/ illustrator with illustrations reacently published on the cover and in the academic publication 'The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife' by Elizabeth Amisu published with academic publisher Preager; Course Content Creator and facilitator at Online Arts Education; Author of the academic book 'A Festive Parade of Highlights', published with academic publisher Eburon; academic editor of 'The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies'; PhD Scholar Open University Netherlands; MA Art History achieved in 2012, OU; BA Cultural Philosophy achieved in 2009, OU and flute at the Sweelinck Conservatory 1989. I have taught and tutored for more than 20 years, one-to-one, online and off line. I love learning and I know learning can be a really joyful experience. I can help you to expand your knowledge and show you how learning can open your horizons. I focus on all the tools and insights students can use to achieve the results they need to be successful.
I have been a Teaching Assistant at King's College London for two years at the Department of History and Business. I have assisted Undegraduate students preparing for exams, and corrected their essays while delivering power point lectures on subjects from 1700 to 1989. I am competent to teach any subject/period of history-
I have taught A-Levels and GSCEs for 4 years
I have taught adults and bilinguals for more than 10 years
I have experience with SEN students, and students who need some inspiration to study.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.