I passionately believe in students achieving their potential and enjoy the role of personal tutoring to further aid students learning. I graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business and Economics (2:1) and have worked for a number of large organisations offering a variety of depth and experience. Online tutoring is about helping students form around the world to access education via the platform of the internet, to help them succeed at their studies. Firstly, I like to make an initial meeting to understand the needs and objectives of the personal tutoring before developing a detailed plan of the outline of personal tutoring support. I am keen to ensure that both parents and students alike are happy with the service and will accommodate additional requests. I like to ensure that the learner is both enthused and engaged in the tutoring sessions and have a range of resources and assessment techniques.
Subjects and levels taught:
Economics: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA and OCR)
Business Studies: A Level and GCSE (Pearson, AQA, OCR and WJEC)
BTEC Business: Level 2 and Level 3
Cambridge Technicals: Level 2 and Level 3
I have a target-centered approach that focuses on devising strategies for studying concepts and answering questions. I use all available resources to ensure that my students get the most out of my experience and knowledge. I am always concerned with tracking my students` progress and assessing them to achieve the best results.
I've worked with a range of students during my time as a tutor - some of my favourite success stories include:
• Providing essay and dissertation support to an MBA student at Birkbeck. The student had been scoring C grades for much of her course but wrote an excellent dissertation, deservedly receiving an 'A'. Having been awarded a "merit" for her overall qualification, she is now considering embarking on a PhD.
• Supporting an ICAEW ACA student at a Big Four firm, who was in danger of dismissal for exam failure. Having helped the student pass his next exam and avert the immediate danger, I supported him to a pass in each of his subsequent exams. He is now on the verge of completing the qualification.
• Helping a Big Four trainee who was on her "last chance" at the firm to pass her ICAS CA advanced stage exam.
• Working with an undergraduate at East Anglia University who needed to repeat a failed module in order to move onto his final year of study. I re-taught him the module over the course of the year, helping him to a strong pass.
I have extensive experience supporting students who speak English as a second language. I have also worked with a number of dyslexic students.
Prior to becoming a tutor, I acquired a range of teaching experience in a professional context including graduate training, course development and delivery, and creation of e-learning modules.
I have been associated with finance and actuarial professions for over 15 years and self-studied for these qualifications while working full time.
Whilst working in financial services I provided training on various topics, conducted mentoring sessions and explained complex financial concepts to multiple stakeholders.
I am tutoring undergrad /post-grad students of Accountancy and Finance and also teaching MBA and Professional level students.
I look forward to be your tutor!
My earliest stint with teaching dates back more than a decade when I helped my mother take private tuition at home. Fast forward to 2017 when I was conducting workshops in my MBA school to help students prepare for their semester exams (in subjects such as Financial Markets, Corporate Finance, etc.). In order for me to be able to explain the subject matter, I need not just be well read. I need to be well spoken as well. I am a voracious reader and a passionate public speaker and have represented my school and college at the national level in different competitions. Brewing my interest in the incessant world of finance, I cleared my CFA and FRM Level 1 exams in the very first attempt and am currently awaiting the results for my CFA L2 exams. I have been a subject matter expert reviewer (Finance) for Study.com wherein I reviewed 2500 questions in a span of 6 months (of which 2499 reviews were correct). Of late, I have been a finance tutor on Chegg USA and have completed 200 odd lessons with a 100% success rate.
I am focused and driven; I tutored for Kaplan Test Prep for 20-years serving 10,000 students. My students dominate exams; I am very excited for them and for the opportunities that lay ahead of them!!
I have over 7 years' of teaching and tutoring experience including:
* for ages 14-18- providing GCSE, A level and IB tuition in Law, English, Business Studies and Philosophy. I also help students apply for university, draft personal statements, obtain legal work experience and generally improve their academic writing skills ready for university;
* for aspiring lawyers- teaching LLB, LLM, GDL, BPTC and LPC modules including admissions tests such as the LNAT and BCAT, obtaining vacation scheme placements, work experience, pro bono work, mini-pupillages, training contracts and pupillage;
* for non-law students ages 18+- teaching English, Politics, Philosophy, Business Studies, Film Studies and Media Studies; and
* for professionals- teaching professional mediation and conflict resolution courses, teaching business English for professionals working in the UK and helping professionals write CVs, apply for jobs and perfect job interview techniques.
I have been tutoring in person and online for the last 7 years. I have regularly taught each module of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply syllabus (CIPS) syllabus, multiple business studies and numerous international business topics.
I regularly help achieve above the national average pass rates and I can provide you with the following services:
1.) Theory introduction - introducing you to a new topic
2.) Exam practice - reviewing past papers and preparing exam answers (topic of your choice)
3.) Theory revision - reinforcing knowledge you have already reviewed.
UK-based Business Studies and Marketing programmes including MBA/MSc. Marketing and Consumer Behaviour, BSc. Business Management and Marketing, BTEC and ABE Diplomas (various subjects)
Over the past 15 years, I have been helping students with their studies in Economics, Finance, Statistics, and other Business-related subjects, primarily at the university level. Moreover, I have had extensive experience in thesis writing and assignment supervision, research guidance as well as academic writing. During this time, my zeal, in-depth knowledge and overall tutoring skills have enabled me to develop a good reputation, thus having a consistent and loyal base of students on a weekly basis.