I have taught both Art History and Fine Art for 7 years and I can guide students to develop their art portfolios for university entry, for GCSE and A Level exams as well degree level. I can also help with art history essays, academic and creative writing, personal statements, interview skills, university entrance, presentation/public speaking skills and dissertation writing.
You can take a look at my art work at www.stellakarageorgi.com
I have been tutoring art history with various companies for over a year, and I work as a Teaching Assistant in the History of Art department at UCL. I am qualified to teach the subject at all levels: from A-level to postgraduate.
I have enjoyed helping students with their essays on subjects that have been as diverse as painting in revolutionary France, feminism and fashion in 1960s Britain, and the metropolis within modernist poetry. I have researched many areas in the subject to high levels: from medieval to contemporary art.
My approach to teaching is flexible, as I build my classes around the needs of students to maximise their value. I am well qualified to provide informed feedback on essays and dissertations, and can comment on art historical content and offer guidance on essay writing skills. Likewise, I enjoy sharing my passions for art and teaching in my online video lessons, in which I discuss assignments and give short presentations to clarify topics that students are struggling with.
Whilst helping students to boost their grades, my classes are focused on making learning about culture how it should be -- both fascinating and exciting.
My specialism is Fine art, and have an extensive knowledge of photography and history of art.
I have a PGCE in Art and Design and a bachelors of Arts degree in Fine art.
I have I am a reflective, conscientious and encouraging tutor, I have structured teaching methods to suit student`s own pace and learning needs. I am able to teach fun step by step projects that explore a wide variety of materials and techniques.
I am a professional academic with an MA in Cultural Studies; an artist/ illustrator with illustrations reacently published on the cover and in the academic publication 'The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson: His Music, His Persona, and His Artistic Afterlife' by Elizabeth Amisu published with academic publisher Preager; Course Content Creator and facilitator at Online Arts Education; Author of the academic book 'A Festive Parade of Highlights', published with academic publisher Eburon; academic editor of 'The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies'; PhD Scholar Open University Netherlands; MA Art History achieved in 2012, OU; BA Cultural Philosophy achieved in 2009, OU and flute at the Sweelinck Conservatory 1989. I have taught and tutored for more than 20 years, one-to-one, online and off line. I love learning and I know learning can be a really joyful experience. I can help you to expand your knowledge and show you how learning can open your horizons. I focus on all the tools and insights students can use to achieve the results they need to be successful.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.