"The learning exercises were always set around my interest areas, making tuition both fun and effective. Following my sessions with Andrew, I have developed a more concise way of communicating. My writing now has more flow, which helps me say what I need to say." - Neil , Newtownabbey
I'm passionate about nurturing the potential of each student with whom I have the privilege of working. With over 10 years' experience as a Learning Coach with countless individuals and groups, Diploma in Life Coaching as well as a successful university graduate (1st class hons in Philosophy) and additional Masters research degree in Developmental Psychology, I previously taught at Secondary school and most recently trained nursing professionals to pass their IELTS exams.
I am also a regular public speaker and workshop leader in the private health sector, delivering courses in areas from stress-management and communication skills, to self-care and personal development.
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.
I have been tutoring for 2 years. In that time, I have particularly enjoyed tutoring students through their dissertations, especially helping them with their language and writing style.