Experienced tutor specialising in preparing students for the 11+ and GCSE and A Level Humanities. My passion is English literature and I especially love working with A Level students! I also have 4 years experience helping UK students apply to US colleges with excellent results.
|Recent Students: 0|
|Total Hours: 6|
|All-time Students: 2|
|Total Classes: 6|
|Recent Students: 0||Total Hours: 6||Last Online:|
|All-time Students: 2||Total Classes: 6||Signed Up:|
I am a Spanish/American tutor raised in London. My favorite subjects to teach are 11+ admissions, English Literature and College Admissions. I am bilingual and as well as having 8 years worth of tutoring experience, I am also a songwriter for major label artists. I am a big believer that every student is unique and try to adapt my teaching methods to fit each student and their goals!
Tutor for multiple London based tutoring agencies September 2018 - Present • Teaching 7+ , 11+, English Literature, Spanish, Music GCSE/A Level
• Past 11+ students were admitted to St Paul’s, Ibstock, King’s College Wimbledon, The Harrodian
• Past A Level English Literature students improved from a C grade to an A.
USA and UK University Admissions tutor - September 2020 - Present
• Helped students applying to the USA with SAT and ACT practice and Common Application essays
• Helped students applying to UK with personal statements and UCAS
• Past students accepted to Brown, Tufts, Colgate, NYU, Amherst, King’s College and UCL Assistant to Head of Music at The Harrodian School - October 2018 - March 2020
• Helping with the organisation of Music department events (e.g Battle of The Bands/House Music)
• Working backstage or as a musical judge
Tutor in Theatre Studies and History of Art (A Levels) - February - June 2018- May 2019. • Helped student with their Theatre coursework receive A*/9 in mocks via Skype
Spanish Language Tutor at Middlebury College Vermont, USA- September - June 2016-2018
• Planned and carried out private lessons for students taking lessons within the Spanish department at Middlebury College
• Helped students with conversation, written assignments
- English Literature
- 11+ Maths, English, Non-Verbal and Verbal Reasoning
- History of Art
Sofia was very thorough in her analysis and provided some very useful insights for additional areas to explore. Thank you!
I wanted to thank Sofia for offering me so much help with my essay plan! I feel as though it’s a lot better now and I couldn’t have done that without her! Thank you.
Middlebury College of Liberal Arts - Vermont. Class of 2018 BA in English Literature/ Theatre (Directing), Minor in Music (Summa Cum Laude and Departmental Honors) Focus in Directing and Songwriting
NYU Steinhardt - June 2015
Songwriters Seminar Advanced
Grade 8 Voice (ABRSM) - May 2014 (Distinction)
The Harrodian School, London England
A Levels: Music (A), History of Art (A*), English Literature (A*) and Spanish (A*)
AS Levels: Music (A), History of Art (A*), English Literature (A*), Spanish (A*), Drama (A), Maths (A)