I have 14 YEARS of TEACHING EXPERIENCE. This has encompassed ALL AGES (preschool to adults) and abilities (BEGINNER to POSTGRADUATE). Subjects I've taught are: GCSE & A Level (Music, Business Studies, Media Studies, Maths), British Primary School Curriculum (Maths, English), Admissions Tests (11+, 12+, 13+, 16+, SAT, GRE), American Elementary School Curriculum (Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, etc.), Preschool (Numeracy & Literacy), English proficiency tests (IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge YLE), Business English, Academic Writing/Composition & Presentations, English Conversation, Grammar, University & Job Applications, Project-Based Learning (PBL), Music Theory & Analysis, Improvisation & Jazz, Saxophone, & Piano. Additionally, I have worked in all kinds of SETTINGS at both public & private primary & secondary schools, universities, adult learning centres, cram schools, businesses, within the home (as a residential home school & a private tutor) and online (to students worldwide). In addition, I have served as the Head of English & PBL at a private elementary & junior high school, as the Academic Director of a test prep centre, and have provided educational consultancy & tutor training to Oxford's oldest tutorial college.
General arts teaching and lecturing spanning 20 years. BA (Visual Arts and Performing Arts) in private and mainstream.
Mentor and teacher for BADE scheme at Royal Academy in London. English language teaching since 2012.
TEFL specialist fully certified. Experience (6 years online) ranges from low level English ability to preparing students for IELTS, IGCSE and TOEIC exams.
Employed by ITutor and EF Academy global organisations (6years). Dance and drama specialist and lecturer, 20 years.
English preparation and tutoring experience on a 1-2-1 year 8 and 9, pre GCSE preparation and GCSE and IGCSE. Can raise lower level attaining students. (Online experience)
Employed by Equal Education ( London) to assist ´looked after children´with their English study KS 2 to 4 .
Employed by Campus Mate (London online) teaching general English, Art A Level etc
Employed by Thames Valley Teaching Personnel (Berkshire) to teach in schools cover supply, EAL Dance and Arts.
2016-18, Tutor in Evolution & Social Evolution (taught 27 undergraduates in 1:1 or 2:1 sessions) on topics of Social
Evolution & Major Evolutionary Transitions, University of Oxford
2016-17, Demonstrator for the “Organisms - Invertebrate Practicals” course run by Jonathan Green, Department of
Zoology, University of Oxford (involved in demonstrating, dissections & marking)
2017-18, Invigilator for undergraduate student exams, New College, University of Oxford
2017, Demonstrator for the “Tree of Life” practical run by Sebastian Shimeld, Department of Zoology, University of
Oxford, (involved in demonstrating, DNA extractions, PCR reactions, gel electrophoresis & sequencing)
2015, Demonstrator for an “Experimental Evolution Practical” course run by William Durham, Department of
Zoology, University of Oxford
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.