I have 22 years of experience in tutoring learners to achieve their goals. I tutor GCSE, A-Level, EPQ, IB, PRE-U, Undergraduate, Postgraduate/Doctoral students, UCAS and Oxbridge applicants, and professional clients in Academic Research and Writing, Creative Industries, Critical Thinking, Cultural Studies, Education, Film, Government and Politics, Marketing, Media, Oxbridge Entrance/UCAS, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Theology, Theory of Knowledge, and Social Sciences.
I combine two decades of experience in the education sector with my earlier career in the creative industries to offer engaging learning opportunities relevant to our daily lives. I am a passionate advocate of 'affective' learning and well-being through creativity, critical inquiry and philosophical reasoning. I invite you to engage in these ways of thinking that can empower you with relevant skills to support your personal growth. I have extensive experience in tutoring GCSE, A-Level, PRE-U, EPQ, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Professional learners. My presentation style is engaging and interactive. I convert complicated theories and paradigms into straightforward ideas, with practical worth, and impart useful advice for my clients.
I am a professional educator with American teaching qualifications, an IB Examiner and have over a decade of experience. In addition to teaching at local colleges and universities, I write curriculum and design various educational projects both in Europe and America. I specialise in discreet, bespoke tutoring and home-school students- including mainstream SEN, international students and those seeking admission into US universities alongside dozens of students who need regular homework help, test prep and entrance exams tuition. I cover a range of subjects including English, Maths, History, Science, Classics, Geography, 11+, ISEE, IB, SAT and A - Level preparation. Having a wide range of teaching experience including classroom, one-to-one and group settings, I have the ability to determine the best approach with each student so that their lessons with me are tailored to their individual needs.
Other Teaching Experience:
Teacher (Geography)- Russian Ballet School London
Examiner- International Baccalaureate
Undergraduate Archaeology/Physical Anthropology- University of Reading
Test-prep instructor (11-13yrs)- Memorial Charter Academy
School Programs Manager- New York Historical Society
Program Director- San Diego EcoCenter Science Museum
Head Educator- San Diego Maritime Museum
SAT Program Manager- Macmillan Publishing, Digital Education
9th-12th Grade Humanities Teacher (focus on SEN) - High Tech High School
Assistant Lecturer- College of New Rochelle
o English as a Second Language Tutor
• Teaching and communicating English as a second language in online classes to young learners in China. This involves the use of company proprietary software which includes videos, audio, and drawing tools.
o Law Lecturer
• Successfully teaching ILEX, A’ Level, BTEC and NVQ Law at the University of West Herts to learners in evening adult classes and for younger adult learners in the daytime.
• Using the SMARTboard, PowerPoint and proprietary Visual aids to teach a diverse audience of learners with varying needs. Researched video content relevant to the subject in hand.
o British Sign Language Communicator
• Teaching and assisting Deaf learners and Deaf employee clientele in schools, colleges and The Ministry of Justice to understand and carry out their educational and employment commitment by accessing the English Language from their employer and the curriculum.
• Translating and modifying the English language with sign language, word simplification, visuals, symbols and gesticulation for Deaf clientele who have a limited or non-existent vocabulary of English.
o Sign Language Tutor
• Tutoring two groups of Sign Language students in the week and at the weekends to learn—British Language (BSL) and Sign Support Language (SSE).
o Vocal Teacher
• Motivate and train three classes of students for vocal performances scheduled at the Royal Albert Hall.
• Tutor individual and group singing while instilling confidence to successfully sell a show to an audience.